Search engine optimization (SEO), involves making changes to your website to increase it's visibility on search engines and directly improve your website's rank. Website analysis is an essential part of any SEO campaign and discovering the best tools for carrying out a comprehensive website analysis is crucial. Improving your SEO is not something you can dive into without an excellent strategy in mind. Therefore, the first initial step to the development of a successful SEO strategy is carrying out a website analysis. Some of the best, most popular SEO tools include the following:
1. HubSpot's Website Grader
HubSpot website grader is an excellent tool that enables you to receive an overall grade on your website (0-100). You can achieve this by entering your URL and email into the HubSpot website grader. It also provides personalized suggestions that can further improve your grade. The total score (100) comprises of the following sections:
- SEO (30/100)
It looks the page titles, Meta descriptions, sitemap presence, and heading tags usage.
- Performance (30/100)
This section measures the page size, page speed, page requests, browser caching, redirects and so on.
- Security (10/100)
This section determines whether or not you have a certificate for SSL.
- Mobile (30/100)
It checks mobile responsiveness and the mobile user experience altogether.
Providing their unique features, these individual tools bring a lot of value to your SEO analysis.
2. SEO Analyzer
SEO analyzer simplifies optimization analysis. It conducts a full website analysis in less than a minute and offers a downloadable report that provides a detailed analysis of your website. The report identifies the error in your SEO strategy that needs to be fixed to increase traffic on your website further and give your ranking a shore up. It is by far the simplest and fastest SEO tool for website analysis. The analysis generally focuses on factors such as content duplicate, URL structure and inbound links. It provides vital information on SEO metrics such as:
- Presence of dynamic URL and Iframes.
- Technical SEO factors such as the presence of keywords in the heading, title or image.
- A total number of black links.
- The total impact of social media shares.
- Top keywords and their frequency.
- Page level SEO recommendations.
- A total number of Index pages.
3. Google Search Console
Google search console is a free service that is vital to your SEO analysis. It was previously referred to as Google Webmaster tools. So many things can be done with this tool such as:
- Listing internal and external pages linking to your website.
- You are identifying keyword searches that led Google users to your site listed in the SERPs.
- I am receiving notifications for specific search results.
- Checking your crawl rate and viewing the Googlebot analysis.
4. Link Research Tools
Link research tools provide a comprehensive backlink audit report that will enable proper planning of your online marketing strategy. It is used by big companies such as eBay and LinkedIn. Link research tools provide an all-around view of the backlink profile and generate a new crawl with every newly created report. This is far better than any other audit tools available for sale. Having an SEO tool that offers such a complete backlink report is necessary for the website due to the critical role links play in the Google ranking algorithm. Top features provided by Link Research tools include the following:
- This tool enables Google to identify your disavow file faster in case any site receives a penalty. It achieves this by helping links get crawled to speed up the recovery process.
- It offers link alerts that that readily scans the web for new links by receiving links data from 24 links of sources and sends an email notification whenever a new connection is detected.
- One of its features is also a built-in in-depth tool for analyzing the competition. It also has a unique Link Velocity Tool (CLV) that enables you to follow up on the link growth of your website.
- It also enables you to track the growth of your competitors and make you understand what the norm is for your niche in the eyes of Google.
5. Moz Pro
Moz Pro is no doubt one of the best SEO tools for website analysis. It provides a lot of practical solutions such as:
- Rank Tracking
Moz Pro enables you to track your ranks for both your site and your competition. You can keep an eye on important keyword ranking metrics and also compare both mobile and desktop visibility.
- On-page Optimization
This can be carried by entering your keyword and page combination to get customized guidance to optimize page content, receive suggestions on the content idea, and find highly optimizing page content.
- Keyword Search
Target creating lists for keywords, compare your competitor's ranks with yours, and optimize keywords based on essential metrics like difficulty and organic CTR.
- Custom Reports
This can be carried out by running and exporting reports that align with your needs, including links, search rankings and site crawl data as well as customize and graphs along with bar charts.
Website analysis is a crucial part of any SEO strategy. There are numerous SEO tools you can to strategize and analyze your efforts, but if you do not work with the right tools, you might end up being lost and confused which might cause your analysis to take longer time. A weak study leads to an incomplete SEO plan. Therefore, the use of the right tools for analyzing a website will enable you to identify the most critical changes that need to be made to obtain the best results.