If you are willing and ready to push your 2020 growth goals, a very good inbound marketing strategy is all you need. Inbound marketing is an overwhelming powerful lead generation plan, and as the marketing technology advances, the chances for mind-blowing results with inbound continue to increase speedily.
The most difficult part of creating a powerful inbound marketing strategy is often just knowing where to start. Here we have made it easy for you by providing you with few steps on how to create an effective inbound marketing strategy.
1. Set goals
The first step to take when building your 2020 inbound marketing plan is to set your goals clearly for the program. This is very necessary for a few reasons.
- Putting down your goals and adding them in a written plan means that all stakeholders have the same mind and agenda.
- It is necessary to have a picture of what success truly looks like so that you can effectively build your plan. Setting goals upfront gives your marketing team a sign of how much inbound content you need to build.
2. Create personas
For an inbound marketing strategy to be effective, it will always base around documented and developed target personas. These target personas are semi-imaginary representations of your ideal target customers that make you create messaging that connects you to your audience actively. Target personas don't have to be necessarily complex. All you need is just 30 minutes thinking about who your ideal customer is and take down some notes on
- Age range
- Job title or function
- Professional background
- Defining characteristics
3. Map out your buyer’s journey
The buyer's journey is the method a potential customer takes on their way to becoming your customer. When it comes to inbound marketing, the buyer's journey is said to exist in three forms: awareness, consideration, and decision. These forms always go in hand with the top, middle, and bottom of traditional marketing. Let’s look at the various phases as a unit.
- In the awareness phase, buyers are becoming aware of a problem that they are going through, and they are just starting to conduct educational research around that problem.
- In the consideration phase, a buyer is already aware of their problem. At this point, buyers are willing to learn about how your companies and your competitors can help them.
- In the decision stage, the buyer is examining their purchasing decision. Here, they are ready to talk to a representative of sales or business development.
Click here to know more about 10 SEO Resources to clarify your doubt
4. Make a research on your competitors
An important element of an inbound marketing strategy for 2020 is conducting some high-level research about your competitors. At least, scan through the website of your top two or three competitors and jot down some key points like:
- How large their website is .
- How active they are on social media
- If they have a blog
- Available content offers
- What message do they have to offer
- What makes them outstanding Having a piece of knowledge about your competitors helps you in making informed decisions concerning your inbound marketing plan and helps you to build unique content that won't look duplicative to potential buyers
Click here to know more about your buyer persona aligned with your Inbound Marketing strategy?
5. Conduct keyword research
2020 Inbound marketing will always rely strongly on traffic and goes from organic search, meaning that accurate and intelligent keyword research is a very necessary piece to add to your plan. Arrange your keyword research and evaluate potential keywords based on some factors below:
- Monthly search volume
- Difficulty level
- Current ranking
6. Develop a content plan
The moment you have identified your target customers, what drives them, mapped out their buying journey, and researched the keywords that they use to search, you are then ready to fix together with your inbound content plan, which is a central document to your plan. In your content plan, you should include:
- Content offers for all phases of the buyer’s journey.
- Calendar for blogging
- Email marketing schedule When creating your content plan, don't forget to include video assets. If you want to have good inbound marketing, your companies should embrace video as a major tactic because videos are important inbound marketing strategies.
7. Develop a website plan
For one to be successful, an inbound marketing strategy cannot operate well with little or no integration with your website and other major marketing channels. Most importantly, your website should be in an inbound approach, and each page should include elements of your inbound plan.
8. Underscore social
To be successful, you must have a social media arm of your 2020 inbound marketing strategy. The reality is that customers spend a lot of time on social media, so whether you love it or hate, it is a must-have. When you've started to post, include a mix of your content from other organizations. It is important to note that video content is powerful on social media networks, and you will record tremendous results by including video as part of your social inbound plan
To achieve your goals in inbound marketing 2020, all you need are these strategies listed above. Follow each step carefully and watch your business spring up. Contact us for more inquires. Don't forget to share this article with friends.